Quote Originally Posted by Fatcharlie
Thanks for the advice - I am trying to get the email programme working (or an internet connection) but I normally use BTopenworld braodband - there doesn't seem to be any reference to Broadband i9n the Knoppix User help files - how do I connect to my ISP?
We have a forum where people discuss connecting to broadband all of the time.

You didn't even bother to take the time to tell us if your provider is DSL or cable, so I'm not going to bother to try to track down that information. DSL is sometimes slightly more complex than cable but not by much. My advice is always use a home DSL/cable router (for may reasons, mostly safely and security, not just ease of use) - if you do then using Knoppix on your high speed connection is really as simple as the folowing steps:
  • 1) Boot Knoppix

    2) You are already connected to the Internet. Click on a link in Knoquror if you need to prove this to yourself.