-
SATA not found, no root access.
I used the Live DVD to see what Knoppix is like, it was able to read all my drives, sata and everything. I unplugged my SATA in order to install knoppix to the HD, that way I don't accidently screw up my sata's .. well it booted and everything but it doesn't mount my Satas now. I tried making a link to /dev/sda1 and sda2 on my desktop but then it says it isn't found in fstab and some other file. I went to /dev/ and opened fstab, there I added my own entries for the sda1 and sda2 making sure to set configurations correctly but then I tried to save it and it said I didn't have write accesses.. so I logged out and typed in my username as root and my password then it said "Root logins are not allowed" I tried su also but that didn't work. I don't get this! It is my machine and I am the only user of it so what's with all this security nonsense? I can't connect to the internet because it doesn't detect my 802.11b network card either unfortunately. How do I completely 100% get rid of the security and make me the top level root user all the time so that I can actually make things work? Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Azalea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2008, 12:12 AM
-
By whohelhee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
-
By nightfrost in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 08:07 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 05:32 AM
-
By warpedmind in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95