-
Ok, I got it working. If anyone else out there has this trouble with SATA drives this is what I did: (I'm not saying it's the right way or the best way as I am new to Linux, I just know it works
) #1: I did not know how to gain root access by login to edit this so what I did was use the program "krusader" -root access mode and it worked great: I open /etc/fstab within krusader as root and added the lines "/Dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 NTFS noauto,users,exec,umask=000,uid=***,gid=*** 0 0" NOTE:where *** is supposed to be your login/user name not "***" for example, if your login/user name is elvis it would then be "uid=elvis" and "gid=elvis" #2: I added 2 folders in the /mnt/ directory named sda1 and sda2 so it would be /mnt/sda1 and /mnt/sda2 otherwise it says it won't mount as these do not exist. #3 I right-click the desktop and create a new link to hard drive and point it to /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 you may need to restart, I restarted quite a bit figuring this out but it worked for me and I hope it helps someone else too
Now I just need to get my 802.1x wireless pci card working! if anyone has info on this please let me know, it's a Trendnet TEW-423PI. Also, what is "hotplug"? I would have thought it was supposed to autodetect this stuff. *shrug*
Similar Threads
-
By Azalea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2008, 12:12 AM
-
By whohelhee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
-
By nightfrost in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 08:07 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 05:32 AM
-
By warpedmind in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00