-
lol..
Ok, so I downloaded 8 gigs of Debian and installed it.. in my opinion Knoppix is actually better as it is already configured for my taste. Knoppix has more sessions, more applications installed, and it has the linux kernel source already in the usr/source directory which regular Debian doesn't and I don't know how to install it there. Standard Debian didn't see my SATA either so I had to install them by hand like with Knoppix, and that's fine. Neither Knoppix nor standard Debian could see my wireless networking card, however, standard debian did say it could see my eth0 and eth1 card but the problem is that I am all the way on the other side of the house away from the router, that would take an awfully long ethernet cord and some wall drilling that I don't want to go through lol. Knoppix has some software that isn't even an option in the Debian install (package) program. Are you sure Knoppix isn't ment to be installed to HD?? it seems so much more configured than standard Debian and user-friendly. Standard Debian asked what my monitor is capable of.. I told it 1024x768 and it sets it to 800x600 with strange video artifacts during session login/logout. Knoppix didn't ask me anything about the video card and it set it correctly at 1024x768. I will continue using Knoppix I think... as soon as I find out how the heck I can get my wireless card to work.
Similar Threads
-
By Azalea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2008, 12:12 AM
-
By whohelhee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
-
By nightfrost in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2004, 08:07 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 05:32 AM
-
By warpedmind in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99