-
Problem booting up knoppix from DVD
I am new to linux. I am having trouble booting up from the DVD. I burnt the ISO file and when I try booting up from the DVD it just gives me the message "Missing Operating System".
Please help
Thanx in advance
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Read the downloading faq, found by following the documentation link near the top of this page. I can't tell from what you posted exactly what is going wrong, but I'm sure the downloading faq will cover it (if it doesn't we'll update it to include the issue if you give more information). Please let us know.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem booting up knoppix from DVD
Hello and welcome to Knoppix.net.
We hope that you enjoy your use of Knoppix and hope you become an active member of the community. There's no membership fee. We just ask that you help us and others by becoming familiar with Knoppix, posting questions, and letting the rest of us know how things go. Also, I noticed that you joined recently and so was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions.
1. - How did you hear about Knoppix?
2. - How did you discover Knoppix.net?
3. - What versions of Knoppix have you tried?
4. - What type of system are you running Knoppix on?
5. - What operating system is currently installed on that system?
6. - How long have you been using computers, or how familiar are you with computers?
7. - Have you used linux before? If so, how long?
8. - What do you hope to do with Knoppix or Linux?
9. - Are you familiar with a wiki? If so, have you used a wiki before, e.g wrote some content?

Originally Posted by
newlin
I am new to linux. I am having trouble booting up from the DVD. I burnt the ISO file and when I try booting up from the DVD it just gives me the message "Missing Operating System".
Pretty much what Harry said. Here's the direct link.
Good luck and be sure to let us know how things go.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Similar Threads
-
By ashish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
-
By jsim1982 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
-
By geosan in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By jobs in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By soar in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell OptiPlex 3080 SFF Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 Desktop Motherboard HMF7C
$49.99