Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem booting up knoppix from DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1

    Problem booting up knoppix from DVD

    I am new to linux. I am having trouble booting up from the DVD. I burnt the ISO file and when I try booting up from the DVD it just gives me the message "Missing Operating System".
    Please help
    Thanx in advance

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Read the downloading faq, found by following the documentation link near the top of this page. I can't tell from what you posted exactly what is going wrong, but I'm sure the downloading faq will cover it (if it doesn't we'll update it to include the issue if you give more information). Please let us know.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Problem booting up knoppix from DVD

    Hello and welcome to Knoppix.net.

    We hope that you enjoy your use of Knoppix and hope you become an active member of the community. There's no membership fee. We just ask that you help us and others by becoming familiar with Knoppix, posting questions, and letting the rest of us know how things go. Also, I noticed that you joined recently and so was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions.

    1. - How did you hear about Knoppix?
    2. - How did you discover Knoppix.net?
    3. - What versions of Knoppix have you tried?
    4. - What type of system are you running Knoppix on?
    5. - What operating system is currently installed on that system?
    6. - How long have you been using computers, or how familiar are you with computers?
    7. - Have you used linux before? If so, how long?
    8. - What do you hope to do with Knoppix or Linux?
    9. - Are you familiar with a wiki? If so, have you used a wiki before, e.g wrote some content?

    Quote Originally Posted by newlin
    I am new to linux. I am having trouble booting up from the DVD. I burnt the ISO file and when I try booting up from the DVD it just gives me the message "Missing Operating System".
    Pretty much what Harry said. Here's the direct link.

    Good luck and be sure to let us know how things go.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Booting Knoppix
    By ashish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 10:08 PM
  2. Problem booting from Knoppix CD
    By jsim1982 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
  3. Booting Knoppix from CD problem
    By geosan in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 11:52 PM
  4. problem booting knoppix 3.6
    By jobs in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 01:52 PM
  5. Problem Booting KNOPPIX
    By soar in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.77