-
Passing commands & installation of program files
I'm currently running Knoppix on my home PC, cause my dad (for some kinda strange reason) does not allow me to repartition my harddisk and insert a couple of Linux-based partitions.
After the system has been booted up, I run the command mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda# to make the other (Fat32 & NTFS) partitions writeable. Occasionally I try to install/put Linux-based programs in a directory on the Fat partition I've specially made for certain stuff.
2 Questions:
1. Is there a way to pass those commands to the kernel at boot-time automatically, so I don't have to retype them every time it boots up? Some kinda saved rc.local file perhaps? (Remember I'm using a Live-Boot, so nothing actually gets saved...)
2. Sometimes I find trouble installing Linux based programs on my Windows harddisk, since not all installations allow you to configure an installation directory - it installs by standard in it's own directories, which are - since it's a live-boot - all temporary on the RAM-disk! How can I take care of this problem, and let programs install by default in my Linux-folder on the FAT-drive? (That'll also solve another problem, i.e. my ramdisk not being big enough for certain programs to install...)
I'd like to hear responses asap, thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By jtaugher in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 04:55 PM
-
By rayesteq in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 11:46 PM
-
By thoroughfare in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:15 PM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00