When I attempt to install knoppix version 3.9 I get an error saying it is unable to open my hard drive read write and that it is a read-only file system. Is there a way to get around this?
When I attempt to install knoppix version 3.9 I get an error saying it is unable to open my hard drive read write and that it is a read-only file system. Is there a way to get around this?
You have to install as root.
Make sure your BIOS can see the drive.
also, if you are booting off the live DVD or CD then I think Knoppix makes the drives ro (read only) so you have to right click the drive on the desktop and find the read only button, then uncheck it.. this should help. Let me know![]()
There isn't an icon for my hard drive on the desktop.Could this be because it's not partitioned?
Yes. None of use see icons for our hard drives on the desktop. We see icons for the partition or partitions on the hard drive(s).Originally Posted by fused
So how do I change the hard drive settings?

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00