-
I'm assuming it's a 4.02 live CD (basedon the topic subject line). I have a similar issue.
When I attempt to access /dev/sda1, it can't find the device. When I try to look at the partition table with
cfdisk /dev/sda
It can't find the device.
I suspect that modprobe needs an
alias scsi_hostadapter usb-storage
somewhere, but since I'm more familiar with the 2.4 layouts instead of the 2.6 layouts, I'm not sure which file needs to be modified to do this.
lsmod shows that usb-storage is loaded, but a grep of all modprobe/modules related files in /lib/modules and in /etc does not give me a scsi_hostadapter alias.
Where should the alias line go?
Similar Threads
-
By newKnoppix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-13-2007, 07:36 AM
-
By auser in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2006, 08:17 PM
-
By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

AS IS Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$410.00