Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: how to enable DVI?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6

    how to enable DVI?

    I have knoppix 3.1 and Radeon 8500 connected with DVI cable to my Acer TFT... Is it possible to enable DVI? When I use VGA, everything is ok, but picture is not so sharp. Also I must mention that DVI is not enebled during boot and in DOS... only when XP is loaded. I do not know why?!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86
    I was just thinking the same thing, trying to figure out if there is a way to get DVI working with knoppix.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    Anyway, do you have picture on DVI while booting (eg. in BIOS)? What graphic card do you have?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86
    I have the GeForce card.... apparently no DVI in BIOS, DOS, etc... So far the only time I've seen it do DVI is in W*ndows... Have not spent enough time to figure out if this is a hardware limitation or perhaps a configuration setting...

    regards

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    I know some people who have DVI in DOS/BIOS... But yet, I do not know what is the catch... Maybe some setings in BIOS?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    nvidia geforce4 ti 4200 DVI out works in BIOS, but not in linux or knppix with out the vesa module used, and then the res is stuck at 800x600..... That was with the standard"nv" module... i dont know about with the "nvidia" module...

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montpellier
    Posts
    11
    I have the same problem.

    The only walk around I found is to unplug the DVI cable and to plug it again. It works sometimes.

    Or you can use a VGA2DVI plug to get analogic signal. I know this is silly to do this with a DVI graphic card and a DVI monitor, but it works

    I'd like a real solution for DVI. Please tell if you find one.

    See U,
    TOM.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    I have solved the problem... Just changed BIOS on my Hercules Radeon 8500FDX... now it is built by ATI, Radeon 8500 with DVI all the time on.

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montpellier
    Posts
    11
    Great for ATI, jobah.

    And what about GeForce Ti 4200 ?

    Thanks,
    TOM.

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Montpellier
    Posts
    11
    I found a strange work around :

    I half unplugged the DVI plug, and it works !

    Try this, and tell me

    See U,
    TOM.

Similar Threads

  1. how do I enable ssh on kx 3.8.1
    By cli168 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 04:18 PM
  3. How to enable a Signature
    By level in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:46 PM
  4. enable nfs on lan
    By phaedral in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:29 AM
  5. how to enable uhci ???
    By copymaster in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage,  Digital Equip Corp picture

DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp

$3509.00



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$69.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



Vintage Tandy 4000 DEC 316 Computer Power Supply PSU - TESTED WORKING picture

Vintage Tandy 4000 DEC 316 Computer Power Supply PSU - TESTED WORKING

$69.99



DEC DIGITAL VINTAGE M7477 picture

DEC DIGITAL VINTAGE M7477

$100.00



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99