What does ifconfig tell you?
Oh and I have never heard of 'netconfig' but I have heard of netcardconfig
I am fairly certain that I have heard of someone using Shaw cable before so that shouldn't be an issue.
I live in canada and I have the Shaw high speed cable internet....
I use it trough enthernetcard
I can't seems to get my internet connection to work on k3.2 live cd...![]()
I have read about the netconfig but nothing really worked does anyone have any sort of other way to get it working?![]()
Thanx![]()
What does ifconfig tell you?
Oh and I have never heard of 'netconfig' but I have heard of netcardconfig
I am fairly certain that I have heard of someone using Shaw cable before so that shouldn't be an issue.
Hi all-
Brand new member & user of Linux.
Just wanted to say that although during the boot up, my ethernet appeared to be OK, I did not have internet at desktop.
I went to "Knoppix" in the programs list & followed out the menu there. I'm in Windows right now but I believe it was under internet or net. I basically followed directions to get it going- didn't type any commands...
Hope this is helpful?
T
surely your cablemodem has an intgrated dhcp. (meaning it distributes ip adresses to client pc's). But...
With most of cablemodem companies you MUST use their proxy server.
So you may have to alter the proxy settings in Konqueror or netscape (mozilla) to get your webpages. (especially if you're working trough a router).
You can do this in 2 ways :
-directly enter the proxy settings in your application (konq. / mozilla)
in this case you'd better enter also in the exeption list the last part of the adress as an exeption)
-or use a pac file location
greetzzzzz...
Really?? Never seen a cable modem that could do that. But I have a router than does.Originally Posted by ktheking
most of the do ,but the intgrated soft only distributes one ip.
So you're saying that with a firmware flash a cable modem should be capable of NAT?
it is performing as transparant nat (meaning also PAT)
never wondered why you didn't have to 'dialup' with a cablemodem ?
my .02
Really should have legacy support disabled in bios it maybe preventing dhcp from activating your nic card.I am only saying this from past experience with my nic card.

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 11 - Xeon Gold 5th Gen - 192 GB DDR5 ECC - 2x 240 GB SSD
$17000.00
HP ProLiant DL380 Gen 11 - 2x Xeon Gold 6th Gen - 512 GB DDR5 - 2x 800 GB HDD
$15000.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Dell Precision T3500 Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz 24GB NO HDD
$199.99
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99