What does ifconfig tell you?
Oh and I have never heard of 'netconfig' but I have heard of netcardconfig
I am fairly certain that I have heard of someone using Shaw cable before so that shouldn't be an issue.
I live in canada and I have the Shaw high speed cable internet....
I use it trough enthernetcard
I can't seems to get my internet connection to work on k3.2 live cd...![]()
I have read about the netconfig but nothing really worked does anyone have any sort of other way to get it working?![]()
Thanx![]()
What does ifconfig tell you?
Oh and I have never heard of 'netconfig' but I have heard of netcardconfig
I am fairly certain that I have heard of someone using Shaw cable before so that shouldn't be an issue.
Hi all-
Brand new member & user of Linux.
Just wanted to say that although during the boot up, my ethernet appeared to be OK, I did not have internet at desktop.
I went to "Knoppix" in the programs list & followed out the menu there. I'm in Windows right now but I believe it was under internet or net. I basically followed directions to get it going- didn't type any commands...
Hope this is helpful?
T
surely your cablemodem has an intgrated dhcp. (meaning it distributes ip adresses to client pc's). But...
With most of cablemodem companies you MUST use their proxy server.
So you may have to alter the proxy settings in Konqueror or netscape (mozilla) to get your webpages. (especially if you're working trough a router).
You can do this in 2 ways :
-directly enter the proxy settings in your application (konq. / mozilla)
in this case you'd better enter also in the exeption list the last part of the adress as an exeption)
-or use a pac file location
greetzzzzz...
Really?? Never seen a cable modem that could do that. But I have a router than does.Originally Posted by ktheking
most of the do ,but the intgrated soft only distributes one ip.
So you're saying that with a firmware flash a cable modem should be capable of NAT?
it is performing as transparant nat (meaning also PAT)
never wondered why you didn't have to 'dialup' with a cablemodem ?
my .02
Really should have legacy support disabled in bios it maybe preventing dhcp from activating your nic card.I am only saying this from past experience with my nic card.

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot of DDR4 Sodimm Laptop Ram (8-8GB sticks) (1-4GB Stick)
$250.00
G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO
$419.95
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
F4-3200C16D-64GVK G.Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz Memory
$159.00
Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz Desktop 288 -Pin RAM Kit -OPEN BOX
$114.99
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00