What does ifconfig tell you?
Oh and I have never heard of 'netconfig' but I have heard of netcardconfig
I am fairly certain that I have heard of someone using Shaw cable before so that shouldn't be an issue.
I live in canada and I have the Shaw high speed cable internet....
I use it trough enthernetcard
I can't seems to get my internet connection to work on k3.2 live cd...![]()
I have read about the netconfig but nothing really worked does anyone have any sort of other way to get it working?![]()
Thanx![]()
What does ifconfig tell you?
Oh and I have never heard of 'netconfig' but I have heard of netcardconfig
I am fairly certain that I have heard of someone using Shaw cable before so that shouldn't be an issue.
Hi all-
Brand new member & user of Linux.
Just wanted to say that although during the boot up, my ethernet appeared to be OK, I did not have internet at desktop.
I went to "Knoppix" in the programs list & followed out the menu there. I'm in Windows right now but I believe it was under internet or net. I basically followed directions to get it going- didn't type any commands...
Hope this is helpful?
T
surely your cablemodem has an intgrated dhcp. (meaning it distributes ip adresses to client pc's). But...
With most of cablemodem companies you MUST use their proxy server.
So you may have to alter the proxy settings in Konqueror or netscape (mozilla) to get your webpages. (especially if you're working trough a router).
You can do this in 2 ways :
-directly enter the proxy settings in your application (konq. / mozilla)
in this case you'd better enter also in the exeption list the last part of the adress as an exeption)
-or use a pac file location
greetzzzzz...
Really?? Never seen a cable modem that could do that. But I have a router than does.Originally Posted by ktheking
most of the do ,but the intgrated soft only distributes one ip.
So you're saying that with a firmware flash a cable modem should be capable of NAT?
it is performing as transparant nat (meaning also PAT)
never wondered why you didn't have to 'dialup' with a cablemodem ?
my .02
Really should have legacy support disabled in bios it maybe preventing dhcp from activating your nic card.I am only saying this from past experience with my nic card.

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$235.00
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99