-
Local file difficulty to burn the DVD
The difficult part, downloading the ISO image, I did it reasonably well, using wget within Knoppix 4.0 CD and writing the file to a FAT32 partition in a hard disk. I then authenticated it checking both MD5 and SHA1.
It is the easy part, actually burning the DVD, that I can't do. But K3b, the burning program within Knoppix, rejects the file as "remote", it will only accepts "local files" . Although I don't know what do remote/local mean in this context, I had for similar circumstances used the trick of copying the "remote" file to the desktop, so making it "local". But the desktop is RAM. No capacity there for 3.1 GB. What can I do? I fail to understand why a file saved by the same Knoppix is considered remote. Certainly Knoppix CD ought to provide the tools to make the DVD.
I also failed with NTI, supplied with my brand new Sony burner, a windows software. DVD is one of 3 options to make a data disk, but this option appears in a subdued tone and has no effect, the other ones seem to be OK.
I find myself in the position of Tantalus. I got my food but can't bite it.
Similar Threads
-
By Jorge Martínez in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-10-2005, 09:07 PM
-
By taiernest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-25-2005, 01:58 PM
-
By Jorge Martínez in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 02:48 AM
-
By mabangash in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 01:43 AM
-
By warwick in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2003, 02:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95