-
Easy Reboot if Monitor is not displaying anything
Hello,
Knoppix works great on my old machines but the newest machine has some video problems so I have to type in Knoppix screen=800x600 depth=16 each time it boots up. The problem is that I sometimes miss the time limit or forget. In such a situation I have a totally blank screen and have to turn the computer off and then back on. I am worried about not correctly unmounting any drives and not shutting the equipment down correctly. I thought that perhaps a hot key combination such a CNTL-ALT-R could initiate a reboot of the computer and thus shut everything down correctly.
There may already be a way to do this. I thought if the mouse was working a right click could bring up the menu with logout. I keep forgetting to look and see if there is a hotkey that would click the logout menu item and another hotkey for Reboot. I just thought that someone could get messed up at one of those steps and the CNTL-ALT-R might be easier to remember.
Thanks
Philip
Similar Threads
-
By ajsquared in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-21-2007, 11:18 PM
-
By borabora in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 10:31 AM
-
By Xorpid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)
$100.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00