-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Easy Reboot if Monitor is not displaying anything

Originally Posted by
Philip Ogletree
Knoppix works great on my old machines but the newest machine has some video problems so I have to type in Knoppix screen=800x600 depth=16 each time it boots up. The problem is that I sometimes miss the time limit or forget. In such a situation I have a totally blank screen and have to turn the computer off and then back on. I am worried about not correctly unmounting any drives and not shutting the equipment down correctly. I thought that perhaps a hot key combination such a CNTL-ALT-R could initiate a reboot of the computer and thus shut everything down correctly.
Thanks for the post. I didn't know Ctrl-Alt-R would do that. I'll have to try that next time I boot up Knoppix. How does Ctrl-Alt-R differ from pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del?
Another thing to try is to press Ctrl-Alt-F1, which should display the first virtual console. You may have to press Enter/Return once or twice to get a prompt. But once you do you should be able to type 'reboot'.
Let us know if either Ctrl-Alt-Del or typeing reboot in a virtual console work for you.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org
Similar Threads
-
By ajsquared in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-21-2007, 11:18 PM
-
By borabora in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 10:31 AM
-
By Xorpid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2X - SK Hynix 8GB (16GB) 2Rx8 PC4 2133P ECC HMA41GR7AFR8N-TF Server Memory RAM
$61.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

LOT OF 2 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN
$89.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313
$229.98

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98