-
Crossing the Chasm from Windows to Knoppix
I have an exciting situation for crossing the chasm from Windows to
Linux (Knoppix). In the following, when I refer to Linux, I mean Knoppix.
Context:
i) I am a business user with some technical background.
ii) I use Windows XP with the following applications on my (non-Linux)
laptop: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Internet Explorer. My
non-Linux laptop, running Windows XP, is my primary machine.
iii) I use my Windows latpop to connect to an Exchange server via VPN.
iii) Due to sheer "bad luck", I am encounter "blue screens" all the
time. The lost time is impacting my credibility and survival (since I
use my laptop to earn a living as a consultant). I don't have the
patience for doing an RCA (root cause analysis) of why the blue screen
is happening because of the sheer complexity of the business model
around non-Linux operating systems and hardware.
iv) I have a real need to co-exist with both Windows (Plan A) and Linux
(Plan B). (Plan A: Laptop running Windows) (Plan B: Laptop running
Linux) (Details of why I need to co-exist are out of scope of this
email thread)
Here are my requirements:
a) A pre-owned (certified, recycled, used) laptop running Linux.
b) The Linux laptop will be used to perform all the things that I do in
steps (ii) and (iii) described above.
c) I am searching for a one-stop shop which will listen to my needs and
assemble all the right lego blocks as a service offering. I can then do
a "one click buy" to co-exist with Windows and Linux.
I am serious about crossing the chasm to Linux.
Thanks for any advice / pointers.
Similar Threads
-
By d1g1tal_ph3r3t in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-14-2007, 03:20 AM
-
By ramu_kellogg98 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-11-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By webgal318 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:00 PM
-
By elbarto in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears
$79.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-48T Ethernet Switch, 12-Port, Gigabit, Rack Mount
$184.99