Likely just a dreamer. Such crazy ideas.....Originally Posted by zour
![]()
Hey, I have been wondering for a while if there is a way to get Linux installed on a pocket PC, or an i just a feeble dreamer?
Likely just a dreamer. Such crazy ideas.....Originally Posted by zour
![]()
If processor is supported why not, maybe you can put in it something like that http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...ions/baslinux/
linux works on Palm and several other devices. NOT easy to install though.
look for mu linux with gooel. and search for your_pda AND linux
here are two i found just now.
http://www.cfar.umd.edu/~arvind/linuxonipaq.htm
http://www.emdebian.org/
http://www.uclinux.org/
but how much better would the PDA's bee... you can go head over heals with the GUI and make it look something crazzy out of james bond (i know, there hasnt been any PDA's in james bond, BUT THERE WILL BE!!!!)
Yes!!! this is wonderful!!! I have to give this a try... But the sense i get there are none with a GUI? Oh well i can get it for now and who knows maybe in a year there will be Red Hat for Pocket PC or something?? And Harry that is just a photoshop right???? or did you get that from somewhere!!!!!
No, it's not a Photoshop image. At least not 1 I did (one can never trust vendors however). I've never even touched a "pocket PC", so I can hardly say if this is really viable or not. But I do know how to use Google. I found that within a couple minutes of a quick Google search. I didn't bookmark where I found it, but since I just linked to the image in the article you should be able to find it pretty simply by looking at the image's URL, or just by hitting Google like I did.Originally Posted by zour
>> But the sense i get there are none with a GUI?<< if not you could proberly make your own, or get the source code from somewhere and just edit it about here and there, (for example scrren resolution), stuff like that...and presto...
i have actually used a vt100 emulator for palm and the hotsync cable to do some stuff with a sun serversusing the pen instead of keyboard is hard but it works.
Make my own!!!! that would be so intense, however I don't have enough skill to do such as thing. but this other idea about reconfiguring another one might work. I will need a memory card update to do so though.....Originally Posted by chris-harry
From what I gather on Google there is one in development, or there was one in development and none of them support the Toshiba E330... curses! Why didn't I get an Ipaq!
OErjan.. where did you find this emulator?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99