-
Need help to connect to lan machines
Hi gang.
I have some questions about networking for the following configuration.
3 pc's running linux. (all connected to a)
5 port switch
which is connected to an old collection of parts with IPCop. (red+green - lan card and external modem)
The ipcop machine does the dhcp thing to all machines to give them internet access.
I can create & log in to remote desktop connections, but...
I don't seem to understand how to share folders or drives so I can drag files from one machine to another.
I have samba and linneighbourhood and whatever else comes with knoppix dvd version but I don't know which one if either, to use or how to configure them.
I tried putting the ip address of one of my machines into linneighbourhood and query but it returns query error.
Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?
IPCop is 192.168.0.1 and it assigns dhcp okay to others.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-16-2007, 05:50 AM
-
By pgluth1 in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 02:13 AM
-
By cottlestonpie in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 02:22 AM
-
By pendrag in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 08:19 AM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Brocade ICX6450-24 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch W/ Ears
$74.99