My Windows XP toshiba laptop recently blew its brains out (wouldn't you?) It won't boot, but when I boot with the O'Reilly Knoppix hacks CD, I can mount the hard drive and look at all of my undamaged files.
I'd like to exportfs the hard drive, mount it on another linux box, and cpio, copy, dd or whatever the toshiba's file system onto the other box. I can't get it
to work. Here's what I'm doing:
as root:
clean out the host.deny file
and set hosts.allow wide open.
exportfs knoppix://mnt/hda1
then, on some other box I do
mount -t nfs knoppix://mnt/hda1 /some_mountpoint
and I get:
mount: RPC: Program not registered
What do I have to do to get the nfs mount to be visible on the client box?

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00
Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$54.99