-
Boot Problem: 4.0.2CD
I am very new to knoppix and cannot get 4.0 to function.
I load the cd, and get the "press return to boot" screen. I press return and it goes to town. However, when it gets to this part:
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done
Looking for CD in: /dev/hda _(blinking underscore)
it just stops working. I am working on a laptop, and i have successfully run Knoppix on two other computers(desktops), I also have been able to run Knoppix 3.7 on the laptop successfully.
All suggestions are invited.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By sonsrey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2010, 03:49 PM
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By sid_galt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 39
Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By codeforge in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:06 PM
-
By SK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$175.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$106.67

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00