I have looked through MANY forums and found a lot of useful information in trying to install my Broadcom BCM4318 driver for my laptop, but at the same time have had no luck. I have never posted for help before but I'm to that point. Let me try to explain what all I've done so far.
# update-pciids
>> did this with no problem and when I run "lspci" it shows the name of my Broadcom adapter without saying "unknown device"
# ndiswrapper -l
2808w driver present
bcmwl5 driver present, hardware present
bcmwl5a driver present, hardware present
>> not sure what the 2808w is but I'm not concerned about it
# ndiswrapper -m
Adding "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" to /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper
>> seemed to work fine
# modprobe ndiswrapper
FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.
>> I have a feeling that this here is my problem... but I'm not sure how to get around it. When I run dmesg, there's no entry about ndiswrapper. Any suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciatied.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00