How on earth am I supposed to set up networking with the Live DVD when I cannot run any of the network configuration programs?
This happens with:
kcontrol->"Internet & Network"->"Wireless Network"->"Administrator Mode"
"System"->"Networking"
"System"->"Network Admin"
In fact, it happens with just about anything in the "System" section of the KDE program menu.
The information in file:///cdrom/KNOPPIX/README_Security.txt makes me wonder if you intend to have the Live DVD be usable by those who want to use wireless connectivity.
I managed to get a little farther by running "sudo bash" and then launching kcontrol. Still, I am unable to get my ipw2200 network running. Network configuration seems very tough with KNOPPIX. I tried accessing both a WEP and WPA2 (AES) encrypted AP, but no joy. I am used to running dhclient3 to configure my network, but haven't figured out how to accomplish this with KNOPPIX. I did manage to get the cabled ethernet card working. It's a RealTek RTL8139. You ipw2200 code seems quite old (on the Live DVD 4.0.2). Current ipw2200 is 1.0.8 (not 1.0.1). Current ieee80211 is 1.1.6 (not 1.0.3). Current wpa_supplicant is 0.4.6 (not 0.4.2). Current ipw2200 firmware is 2.4 (not 2.2). Maybe this is why I cannot get WIFI working?
Miles

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Netgate 2100 pfSense Firewall Appliance w/ Power Adapter w/Storage Upgrade
$187.50
ULTIMATE ARCH LINUX BOOTABLE USB/DVD INSTALLER 64-BIT - CHOOSE BUILD - PC/MAC
$4.49
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$599.00
Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+
$13.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed
$724.63
HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed)
$140.00