Interesting.. It seems that it's already mounted? What version of Knoppix are you using? Try knoppix-installer-latest-web
When I type knoppix-installer in the root shell I get the error
Warning: Unable to open /UNIONFS/dev/hdc read-write (read-only file system). /UNIONFS/dev/hdc has been opened read-only.
Doesn't this mean that it is trying to open my cd-rom drive? If so how can I configure it to open the hard drive instead?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Interesting.. It seems that it's already mounted? What version of Knoppix are you using? Try knoppix-installer-latest-web

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01