Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 4.0 DVD & VPN? How?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 4.0 DVD & VPN? How?

    Hi ppl,
    I am using Knoppix 4.0 DVD version from about a week but I cant find how to start VPN client (NOT server)
    btw I am totally noob about linux

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Knoppix 4.0 DVD & VPN? How?

    Hello and welcome to Knoppix.net.

    We hope that you enjoy your use of Knoppix and hope you become an active member of the community. There's no membership fee. We just ask that you help us and others by becoming familiar with Knoppix, posting questions, and letting the rest of us know how things go. Also, I noticed that you joined recently and so was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions.

    1. - How did you hear about Knoppix?
    2. - How did you discover Knoppix.net?
    3. - What versions of Knoppix have you tried?
    4. - What type of system are you running Knoppix on?
    5. - What operating system is currently installed on that system?
    6. - How long have you been using computers, or how familiar are you with computers?
    7. - Have you used linux before? If so, how long?
    8. - What do you hope to do with Knoppix or Linux?
    9. - Are you familiar with a wiki? If so, have you used a wiki before, e.g wrote some content?

    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous
    I am using Knoppix 4.0 DVD version from about a week but I cant find how to start VPN client (NOT server)
    btw I am totally noob about linux
    I, too, am curious. I want to connect to our Windows VPN server, so I tried to install the pptp client via apt-get, but ran into some issues. IIRC, they were kernel issues and not dependency issues.

    If you or anyone else find something out, please let the rest of us know.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00