Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Unable to handle kernel pagaing request at virtual address

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stow, OH - USA
    Posts
    2

    Unable to handle kernel pagaing request at virtual address

    I have an older computer and I am trying to install windows nt server 4.0 on it. I get the following error message:

    Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c2032030 and 2012000.

    Does this mean I should have the computer connected to my network? I had tried what the book recommended, Knoppix hacks, and I had no luck.

    Please help,

    Fred

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Unable to handle kernel pagaing request at virtual addre

    Quote Originally Posted by ofredric
    I have an older computer and I am trying to install windows nt server 4.0 on it. I get the following error message:

    Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c2032030 and 2012000.

    Does this mean I should have the computer connected to my network? I had tried what the book recommended, Knoppix hacks, and I had no luck.

    Please help,

    Fred
    Hi Fred,

    Welcome to the special Installing Windows NT server group on the Knoppix forum.
    We'll get right back to you on this problem. Your call is important to us. Please hold.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I guess I am not understanding your post. What are you trying to do? What is your goal or what do you hope to accomplish? Where & when does that error occur?

    Scenario 1) Are you trying to install Knoppix on a system that currently has Windows NT 4.0 on it? Visit http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Category...e_Installation and read the documentation & guides.

    Scenario 2) Are you trying to install Windows NT 4.0 on a system? You have reached a set of forums for Knoppix & Linux help. You can google for Windows NT install guides. If you do have a Knoppix related Windows question, then there is a separate forum for Windows related requests, "MS Windows & New to Linux".

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stow, OH - USA
    Posts
    2
    Sorry, I am trying to install Windows NT Server 4.0 on a computer I had built. I get that following error message when I boot from floppy, after the kswapd has started.

    I will look at the other forums you have had mentioned.

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by ofredric
    Sorry, I am trying to install Windows NT Server 4.0 on a computer I had built. I get that following error message when I boot from floppy, after the kswapd has started.

    I will look at the other forums you have had mentioned.
    Fred, don't bother. This is a Knoppix forum website. We don't support installing NT in any of the forums, and just making a vague reference to the Knoppix Hacks book will not make such a post on-topic. Why you are posting here on this subject is completely unclear, particularly if you have looked at the Knoppix Hacks book as you said and know what Knoppix is.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to run knoppix-installer on Virtual PC
    By yoda in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 09:51 PM
  2. Knoppix in a Virtual PC virtual machine hosted under Win XP
    By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 06:51 PM
  4. REQUEST: 2.4.22 kernel incl ACPI
    By pooh_ in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 04:11 PM
  5. Some Kernel Questions/ request for clarification...
    By joekm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$49.99