-
WG311v1
Hi,
I have followd Ruymbeke's examples to boot the 4.02 DVD ISO image from my hard drive. I don't have a DVD burner, so this is the only way I can enjoy the DVD edition :-> (Ruymbeke, if you read this, dc in Arizona says, "Hello.")
I have a Netgear WG311V1 wireless card. This is a PCI card on my "rolling laptop". This is actually an old desktop system that I installed a wireless card on. It's also on a rolling cart and battery backup so that my wife can pull it in to the kitchen and browse for recipes. Enough of my personal life!
At any rate, I boot ok, and the distribution recognizes the card as a wireless adapter installed on ETH0. Strange enough. Most of the time it becomes configured as ATH0, or WLAN0 if I've installed ndiswrapper.
When I go to configure the wireless connection, the first thing I do is iwconfig eth0 key nnnnnnn. (The key is correct of course). Upon hitting the return the system hard freezes. No amount of convincing except a power on reset will bring the system back.
Does anyone have any advice? How about perhaps a cheat code to avoid configuring the network on boot so that I can load ndiswrapper by hand. That would probably work.
Thx in advance for your kind consideration.
Regards.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99