Can I boot knoppix up in text mode and use another PC to xwindow in to the knoppix server?
Can I boot knoppix up in text mode and use another PC to xwindow in to the knoppix server?
Sure. I do that by tunneling my X sessions over ssh. Search the forums as I know it has been covered.
To start ssh service on server type:
dpkg-reconfigure ssh
/etc/init.d/ssh start
On client login with:
ssh -X user@IPadress
Then you are on remote shell and typing firefox (or something else) you load it remotely.
I'm not sure but this would do the job![]()

RARE ATI Graphics Xpression ISA 2MB Mach64 GX EXM193 Vintage VGA Card 1995
$223.99
Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99
MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00
Vintage Video-7 VEGA 8-Bit ISA EGA Card Rev 1.06 1986 – Tested Working
$147.99
vintage Motherboard Socket 370 with Celeron 1.30 Ghz 256MB
$67.99
vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$67.99
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88