-
umount memory stick
Question from a new user. I plug in my memory stick and it recognise it with no problem. I view folder to make sure the contents is corrent. I right click device and select umount. System tells me that umount: /mnt/sda device is busy. Please check the disk is entered correctly. I unplug memory stick and try umount again but same error message persist. It can still see the folders. I then plug in another memory stick but the system still sees the initial device.
-
Senior Member
registered user
what the system tells you is that you have something that accesses that pen (you watching the folders).
you HAVE to unmount the disk before unpluging it. if you do NOT it may corupt the filesystem and you may loose data.
if you _before closing konqueror (the thing you wiew your folders in)_ go to say /home you will most likely not get this error message.
-
Ok, I didn't realise that. I tried the same when another folder was highlighted. There is no message this time, but I can still see the device /mnt/sda, the folder and can still read the files.
If I umount and then right click again without left click first I can see the umount becomes mount. So, presumable it has done its job, but the fact the device is still listed and the potential of corrupting the files it does give me a lot of confidence.
-
Senior Member
registered user
if you feel uncertain open a console and type mount then you see if it is listed or not,
no need to open a window.
Similar Threads
-
By Prayer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2005, 11:06 PM
-
By pjafrombbay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By alex stacey in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
-
By i2hhj in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
-
By hgpuke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99