Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: WG311v1

  1. #1

    WG311v1

    Hi,

    I have followd Ruymbeke's examples to boot the 4.02 DVD ISO image from my hard drive. I don't have a DVD burner, so this is the only way I can enjoy the DVD edition :-> (Ruymbeke, if you read this, dc in Arizona says, "Hello.")

    I have a Netgear WG311V1 wireless card. This is a PCI card on my "rolling laptop". This is actually an old desktop system that I installed a wireless card on. It's also on a rolling cart and battery backup so that my wife can pull it in to the kitchen and browse for recipes. Enough of my personal life!

    At any rate, I boot ok, and the distribution recognizes the card as a wireless adapter installed on ETH0. Strange enough. Most of the time it becomes configured as ATH0, or WLAN0 if I've installed ndiswrapper.

    When I go to configure the wireless connection, the first thing I do is iwconfig eth0 key nnnnnnn. (The key is correct of course). Upon hitting the return the system hard freezes. No amount of convincing except a power on reset will bring the system back.

    Does anyone have any advice? How about perhaps a cheat code to avoid configuring the network on boot so that I can load ndiswrapper by hand. That would probably work.

    Thx in advance for your kind consideration.

    Regards.

  2. #2
    Hi again,

    Found someone on the hardware and booting forum that had reported a problem with 4.02 booting to wireless.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21670

    Booting with "nodhcp" and all is good.

    Regards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES

$85.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys

$549.95