-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Partimage can't use LVM
--I don't think partimage is designed to work with LVM. Usually partitions are 1 unit, not several units logically bonded into 1. But did you check the man page?
--If partimage isn't going to do the job, I suggest you try tar.

Originally Posted by
Simba
I want to backup my LVM partition with knoppix cd , so after I boot the knoppix cd, I run vgscan and vgchange -ay to make my lvm partition
available., and yes I can mount my lvm partition and see the content. But
if I use partimage, I can't see my lvm partition at all, I can see only the normal partition. during startup of partimage I get several warnings tell me
that /dev/lvma /dev/lvmb ... is not exists and will be created, and I confirmed that partimage should created it, but when I try to find /dev/lvma /dev/lvmb .. , they are not created, I have only /dev/lvm created by vgscan/vgchange. should I create /dev/lvm[abc..] manualy with mknod?
and how?
or someone know how to make lvm partition available to partimage?
thanks,
Simba
Similar Threads
-
By MickKi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:00 PM
-
By deejay in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 11:22 AM
-
By JamesX110 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 06:07 PM
-
By phsieh in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 03:03 PM
-
By SideWynder in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial
$906.39

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used
$65.00

Vintage Microsoft TechNet Plus CD Subscription COMPLETE LOT Binder Case & Discs
$59.98

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37