Can I boot knoppix up in text mode and use another PC to xwindow in to the knoppix server?
Can I boot knoppix up in text mode and use another PC to xwindow in to the knoppix server?
Sure. I do that by tunneling my X sessions over ssh. Search the forums as I know it has been covered.
To start ssh service on server type:
dpkg-reconfigure ssh
/etc/init.d/ssh start
On client login with:
ssh -X user@IPadress
Then you are on remote shell and typing firefox (or something else) you load it remotely.
I'm not sure but this would do the job![]()

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99
LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00
Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts
$338.63