-
I'm New And Need Some Help
Well as the subject says, I'm new and need help, not with Knoppix really because I've been able to run it off the cd and I really enjoy using it, it's actually pretty easy and not that different in some ways with windows, and sometimes very different compaired to windows. What I'd like to know is if Knoppix is what Linux really is, or is Knoppix sort of like Mini-Linux? I've heard great great things about Linux and really would like to use it, if Knoppix is like a Mini-Linux is there a place I can download Linux at? I've seen so many, how do I say...suppliers, or developments, or manufactures of Linux? If that didn't make since I see things from Red Hat that is Linux and other things that is Linux, it isn't like Windows where theres only one type of it...MS Windows xx and that simple, I'm not complaining about how there are a lot of things in Linux but yeah, if possible can I dual boot Windows and Linux? That would really be awesome and I'd really want to do that (if I can get my hands on Linux in the first place). So basically what I want to know is...compaired to Linux what really is Knoppix, except a Live cd boot of Linux Kernel? (I don't even know what kernel is). Is there a way that the full Linux is downloadable? And if so can I dual boot with it??
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung PM9A1 512GB M.2 2280 SSD NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 OPAL MZ-VL2512B
$48.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$74.99

SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB, SDSSDH3 2.5" SSD Drive SATA III 6GB/S (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56