-
Deleting CMG leaves Files behind?
Hello,
I'm talking about Klik on this week's GNU/Linux User Show. I installed Kid3 (an MP3 tagger) and it worked just fine. However, it asked me for my root password after the download and then when I was done with it and deleted the CMG, I was left with this list of files on my system:
/mnt/app/1/usr/bin/kid3
/mnt/app/1/usr/share/apps/kid3
/mnt/app/1/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/de/kid3
/mnt/app/1/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kid3
/mnt/app/1/usr/share/doc/kid3
/mnt/app/2/usr/bin/kid3
/mnt/app/2/usr/share/apps/kid3
/mnt/app/2/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/de/kid3
/mnt/app/2/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kid3
/mnt/app/2/usr/share/doc/kid3
/tmp/klik/kid3
/tmp/klik/kid3/usr/bin/kid3
/tmp/klik/kid3/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/de/kid3
/tmp/klik/kid3/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kid3
/tmp/klik/kid3/usr/share/doc/kid3
/tmp/klik/kid3/usr/share/apps/kid3
I understand that the /tmp file are of no concern, but why does it leave so many files behind in the /mnt directory?
I'm confused because I thought that the beauty of Klilk packages was that I didn't have to be root, and that removal was done by simply deleting the CMG file.
Can you explain for me what's happened here?
Thanks!
Jon
Similar Threads
-
By XtacyxXx in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 03:46 AM
-
By Tiepo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 06:23 AM
-
By Gnu Penguin in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 12:27 AM
-
By frishert in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 11:11 AM
-
By Dinant in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99