Knoppix is great!

Q: I have nice 19' monitor and I need Speedy Gonzales ;]
For win9X I can use free utility PS2Rate witch allows you (c/p) to take greater control over your mouse. This simple 112k download can configure the PS/2 mouse sampling rate. If you occasionally feel like exterminating your mouse because of its low response time, stop, because it could actually be your operating system. You could either go into your control panel settings to fool around with mouse movements or cut to the chase by using this program to simply arrange the amount of hertz. In just a couple of seconds you can boost the level of output and turn your mouse into a smooth operator. (c/p)
Default output for Windows 95 and 98 is 40Hz, for winNT 80Hz, I use 100
(usb interface are sampled 125 times/sec)

How can I tweak sample rate on Linux/ Knoppix?