-
Boot problem on Compaq Armada Laptop
I have some problems with running Knoppix on a Compaq Armada e700 400mhz 128mb laptop,
Hardware detection seems to go along fine until it's time to start X where it hangs. The X11 background shows up with an x as a cursor but there the system stops.
I have tried using Knoppix 2 which works fine. When I have a prompt I can use the command startx to get the GUI up and running which to my big surprise works! It tells me that I don't have enough RAM for KDE so it will revert back to twm instead which it does without problem.
It does not work to start with parameter knoppix desktop=twm, it stops at the same position as the defaut boot. But I can start twm by using the solution above with startx
Any ideas?
I use the live CD...
Similar Threads
-
By Oasis in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 11:46 AM
-
By lothario in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 06:12 AM
-
By bob59 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 06:40 PM
-
By deevs in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By vijuchauhan in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro
$179.99

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718
$22.00

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D
$339.99

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter
$34.99