-
Knoppix 3.6 and Router/Internet problems
Hello,
I'm new to Linux so I don't know a heck of a lot about it.
My HD crashed and Windows went all to hell so I'm giving this a try in the meantime. So far it's very cool.
Only two things don't work: Internet browsing and printing.
Browsing:
I'm using a NIC attached to a D-Link router which goes to my ADSL modem.
I ran the network setup (couldn't use DHCP, it timed out) so set it up manually. Not sure of the name server but I know the default gateway so put that in. It updated the info everything looked fine as far as I can tell. Knoppix can see and use my Ethernet card, no problems there. Inside Konqueror or Mozilla I can type in the address for my router and pull up the internal web pages for it. So far so good. Unfortunately I can't connect to any internet sites. The browsers finally time out & give up after a few minutes. I tried the PPPOE setup (though I read on here the router should handle that, it did under XP) but it says it can't find an ADSL concentrator. I'm thinking the problem is getting data to and from the modem and the router. I tried setting up Konqueror in port forwarding, to see if that would fix the problem, but no luck there either. So, any suggestions?
Printing: This may just be a driver issue, not sure. I have a Lexmark z52 printer conmnected via USB. Can set it up just fine using the setup wizard, but when I tell it to print a test page nothing happens. Printer doesn't even blink. Knoppix can see the printer and even tell me what it is, it just won't print to it. I've downloaded some drivers and will try them out, do you think it's just a driver problem?
Any help and advice is appreciated, thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By archimedes1981 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
-
By shirow in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By el_hefe in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
-
By kaen in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(8) Micron 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM PC4-2933Y Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ *TESTED*
$1599.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 DDR4-2400T Reg ECC Server RAM HMA82GR7AFR8N-UH (32GB/2) Lot 2
$157.50

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80