-
Thanks for the reply.
W00t! Got internet access working!
Stupid me, it helps if you give it the correct DNS server address, doesn't it? ^_^
I went through the setup process again, and noticed it had a default 255. something for the Name Server. I sat there a second and said "wait....name server...DNS stands for Domain Name Server...and my DNS is different...D'OH!!!!!". Typed in the proper DNS, fired up Konqueror, typed in Google's addy and BAM, good to go. 
Still haven't figured out the printer problem yet. The printer simply doesn't respond to anything. It has the floomatic+ gimp drivers on there already. Lexmark.com appears to be down so I can't grab drivers from there, and supposedly the floomatic ones work better with CUPS anyways. I even tried using generic PSL and postscript drivers but to no avail. I tried Open Office to see if it was just the test program that was the problem but the printer doesn't print then either. :/ Ah well, at least I have 'net access, even if I do feel pretty dumb for not getting it going before.
Similar Threads
-
By archimedes1981 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
-
By shirow in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM
-
By el_hefe in forum Networking
Replies: 19
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
-
By kaen in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99