-
Two wishes
After fighting with apt-get upgrade for a day or so:
1. Better version control; sitting in front of a K. -> Debian system running KDE, I've no idea what version of KDE I've got, nor of what version of K/D I've got (obviously individual packages have version numbers, but that's not version control at the distribution level). Having tried apt-get dist-upgrade a couple of times I've given that up as too painful to waste further time on. Surely MSFT-Windows users don't have these problems? Not as badly anyway.
2. A bloody big window app that shows the IP address of the machine (and possibly network traffic) in BIG characters I can see from twelve feet away across the room!
Regds, RM.
Similar Threads
-
By kuser123 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99