After fighting with apt-get upgrade for a day or so:
1. Better version control; sitting in front of a K. -> Debian system running KDE, I've no idea what version of KDE I've got, nor of what version of K/D I've got (obviously individual packages have version numbers, but that's not version control at the distribution level). Having tried apt-get dist-upgrade a couple of times I've given that up as too painful to waste further time on. Surely MSFT-Windows users don't have these problems? Not as badly anyway.
2. A bloody big window app that shows the IP address of the machine (and possibly network traffic) in BIG characters I can see from twelve feet away across the room!
Regds, RM.

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00
Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99
Apple Mac OS 8 CD-ROM Installation Disc 1997 Mint Condition Vintage
$99.00