-
Junior Member
registered user
HELP: Knoppix to the rescue.... on PXE network boots?
I am completely new to PXE network boots. I heard Knoppix is automatically configured to PXE network boot other computers. Is this true? How does this work?
I want to network boot install Windows XP on a diskless/CDROMless laptop. How can I go around doing this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I heard Knoppix is automatically configured to PXE network boot other computers.
It can be and it is called Knoppix Terminal server. A PC with Knoppix becomes the host server to other PCs that boot off the PXE NIC and then load Knoppix. See http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/PXE_FAQ for some more info.
As for installing Windows XP via PXE boot, I have no idea how Knoppix could be used in this method. Maybe you could pre-load the XP installation CD to the HD via Knoppix booting from PXE. Possible? I have no idea. Anyhow, this request for assistance probably belongs in the "MS Windows & New to Linux" forum as every other forum is Knoppix specific.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks man. PXE Knoppix booting is the best thing since sliced bread.
Similar Threads
-
By kefguy in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
-
By mc_03 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:36 PM
-
By j.drake in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By j0x in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

PARTS ONLY* Kingston Fury Renegade Pro 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 Server RAM KF556R36RB-32
$599.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram
$80.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98