Many be go to install le newer version of HP drive: hpijs 1.3.1
go to
http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2161
Well, after a week of this, I am beginning to get a little frustrated. I have an HP DJ722c on the parellel port. The printing manager detects the printer, but NOTHING happens on the printer. Everything else seems to work ok in the box. I can even see jobs enter and leave the queue (on the internal web page and lstat).
Following some advice on the cups pages, I added LogLevel Debug to cups config. When trying to print, I then see HUNDREDS of the following text blocks in cups/error_log:
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] HWMargins = [ 15.000 30.000 15.000 30.000 ]
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] matrix = [ 4.167 0.000 0.000 -4.167 -62.500 3175.000 ]
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] cups->header.Duplex = 0
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] cups->page = 5
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] cups->ppd = 0x86987f0
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] cups->ppd->flip_duplex = 0
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] width = 2550, height = 3300
D [29/Apr/2003:07:36:07 -0400] PageSize = [ 612 792 ], HWResolution = [ 300 300 ]
Exact same thing, over and over.
Elsewhere, I found this query to be somewhat interesting. Is the =m relevant? Should it be =y?
root@bug:~# grep -i printer /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_PRINTER=m
CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=m
root@bug:~# grep -i parport /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_CML1=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_SERIAL=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_FIFO=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_SUPERIO=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_PCMCIA=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_1284=y
CONFIG_PARIDE_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_I2C_PARPORT=m
help. please.
thanks.
(Knoppix, HD install, KDE, intel p4, 256MB, 8GB hd.)
Many be go to install le newer version of HP drive: hpijs 1.3.1
go to
http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2161
I've had the exact same thing happen and changing the print driver (to gimp print I believe) solved the issue. You can change this in the printer section of the KDE Control Center. Also, the HP printer drivers were updated on the 05-03 release. I'd try changing to gimp-print first though. I've found that gimp-print drivers generally deliver higher quality printing as well.Originally Posted by Kurst_Putz

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00