As always you post a nice how-to but apparently I was unaware that people were having trouble with adduser.
I don't know how many of you have been annoyed with not being able to create your own user when you install to the hard drive as I was but I have succeded in changing the install to have your own user instead of the default knoppix user after the install completes. The steps required to do this are documented in the Hd Install User Change How To so anybody interested may want to check it out. As always this worked for me YMMV.
As always you post a nice how-to but apparently I was unaware that people were having trouble with adduser.
Stephen,
Great work. Couldn't this be put to use in the hdinstall script itself? This is one of the things that really bugs me about doing a Knoppix hdinstall. Perhaps you should try posting this to the developers list and see what happens. This is REALLY something that should be done automatically at install.
aay- adduser didn't work for you either? Huh- how did I get so lucky every time I installed? I know I've installed at least four versions and never had any problems. Also some folks I spoke w/ via email had no problems with it. I dunno..........Originally Posted by aay
Thanks, that's what I always thought and I don't see any reason why it could not be included with the magic them boys pull off in those scripts it can't be too hard to make changes in about 15 lines in three files. It's probably just a case of missing the obvious.Originally Posted by aay
You now only have to modify the knx-hdinstall script itself.
i had no issues... I think a better thing to change would be that you can only install to 1 partion, unlike most distros....

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$155.19
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz Memory DIMM Tested Excellent Condition
$155.00
16GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM Upgrade Kit (2x8GB) Non-ECC Unbuffered 240-Pin UDIMM
$75.99