Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Noobish wlan configuration question.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1

    Noobish wlan configuration question.

    Hi,

    I'm new to the whole linux thing. I tried knoppix for a start since I like that boot from CD thing.

    The first very simple thing I try to do is not working, I want to surf the net with my home wireless network.
    So far I figured out the hardest part from the configuration is done, my drivers are installed on my laptop and are recognizing my intel 2200 BG card.

    I can even see a list of Acces Points when I type the "iwlist eth0 scan" command in the shell. I found that command with google. Connecting to the network is not working...

    It is a WPA / TKIP secured network.

    In the wiki it said something about a wpa_supplicant.conf file but when I edit the file, I cannot save it in the /eth/.... directory, prolly because it boots from a CD.


    Could anyone give me some advice as what to type or how to save my configuration or anything?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    I can't be much help but the first question is what version of Knoppix are you running?
    Anything after 3.8 should let you edit ANY file. (You will have to be Root to edit system files though)

Similar Threads

  1. Noobish question about a US Robotics 5610 modem
    By timothias in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 06:19 AM
  2. persistent pcmcia wlan configuration?
    By tuxlover in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 01:24 AM
  3. wlan configuration problem
    By lukki in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 08:35 PM
  4. Noobish question on editing
    By Agentsmith15 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 05:48 PM
  5. please reply fast! a noobish question!
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 01:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$599.00



Netgate 2100 pfSense Firewall Appliance w/ Power Adapter w/Storage Upgrade picture

Netgate 2100 pfSense Firewall Appliance w/ Power Adapter w/Storage Upgrade

$187.50



Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+ picture

Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+

$14.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package

$299.00



Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs picture

Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs

$40.00



HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed) picture

HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed)

$140.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed

$724.63