-
Noobish wlan configuration question.
Hi,
I'm new to the whole linux thing. I tried knoppix for a start since I like that boot from CD thing.
The first very simple thing I try to do is not working, I want to surf the net with my home wireless network.
So far I figured out the hardest part from the configuration is done, my drivers are installed on my laptop and are recognizing my intel 2200 BG card.
I can even see a list of Acces Points when I type the "iwlist eth0 scan" command in the shell. I found that command with google. Connecting to the network is not working...
It is a WPA / TKIP secured network.
In the wiki it said something about a wpa_supplicant.conf file but when I edit the file, I cannot save it in the /eth/.... directory, prolly because it boots from a CD.
Could anyone give me some advice as what to type or how to save my configuration or anything?
-
I can't be much help but the first question is what version of Knoppix are you running?
Anything after 3.8 should let you edit ANY file. (You will have to be Root to edit system files though)
Similar Threads
-
By timothias in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-25-2005, 06:19 AM
-
By tuxlover in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 01:24 AM
-
By lukki in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By Agentsmith15 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 05:48 PM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 01:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00