Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HELP: installing VMWare Workstation on Knoppix ..... woes :S

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25

    HELP: installing VMWare Workstation on Knoppix ..... woes :S

    Has anyone tried to install VMWare Workstation from http://www.vmware.com/ ? I downloaded the latest version of Workstation .tar.gz and tried to install it on my Knoppix (hard disk installation) version 3.9. However it complains saying I don't have latest version of gcc or something.

    So I thought to update my whole Knoppix, but apt-get update doesn't even work properly. It says it can't resolve/find certain URLs.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: HELP: installing VMWare Workstation on Knoppix ..... woe

    You will quite likely have to recompile your kernel to make Vmware work with Knoppix.

    Also, you need to be much more specific in your error messages - Cut and paste the actual error messages you are getting.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevingpo
    Has anyone tried to install VMWare Workstation from http://www.vmware.com/ ? I downloaded the latest version of Workstation .tar.gz and tried to install it on my Knoppix (hard disk installation) version 3.9. However it complains saying I don't have latest version of gcc or something.

    So I thought to update my whole Knoppix, but apt-get update doesn't even work properly. It says it can't resolve/find certain URLs.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    25
    I will do, copy and paste the error messages.

    Currently I am complete removal of gcc3.3 and above. synaptic is removing all gcc related dependencies... included apt! yikes!

    Hope I can install apt later.

    Then I will install gcc2.95 and try to compile/build VMWorkstation ... with this Debian/Knoppix unsupport distro ... woes :S

Similar Threads

  1. Installing vmware workstation under 6.0.1 - tips?
    By Capricorny in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 06:24 PM
  2. Knoppix and VMWare Workstation 4
    By Arkasha in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
  3. Help installing vmware in knoppix
    By wk1989 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 04:31 AM
  4. Okay, i managed to get knoppix to run, installing woes
    By istoleapig in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 05:13 AM
  5. Installing Knoppix Thru VMWare
    By Fitzy in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99