You will quite likely have to recompile your kernel to make Vmware work with Knoppix.
Also, you need to be much more specific in your error messages - Cut and paste the actual error messages you are getting.
Originally Posted by kevingpo
Has anyone tried to install VMWare Workstation from http://www.vmware.com/ ? I downloaded the latest version of Workstation .tar.gz and tried to install it on my Knoppix (hard disk installation) version 3.9. However it complains saying I don't have latest version of gcc or something.
So I thought to update my whole Knoppix, but apt-get update doesn't even work properly. It says it can't resolve/find certain URLs.
You will quite likely have to recompile your kernel to make Vmware work with Knoppix.
Also, you need to be much more specific in your error messages - Cut and paste the actual error messages you are getting.
Originally Posted by kevingpo
I will do, copy and paste the error messages.
Currently I am complete removal of gcc3.3 and above. synaptic is removing all gcc related dependencies... included apt! yikes!
Hope I can install apt later.
Then I will install gcc2.95 and try to compile/build VMWorkstation ... with this Debian/Knoppix unsupport distro ... woes :S

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99
Vintage 1988 NOS IBM 3.5 inch diskettes Operating System 4.00
$46.99
Vintage GF2MX40064SAGP PNY GeForce-2 MX400 64MB VGA/ AGP Video Graphics Card
$79.98
Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used
$49.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72