You will quite likely have to recompile your kernel to make Vmware work with Knoppix.
Also, you need to be much more specific in your error messages - Cut and paste the actual error messages you are getting.
Originally Posted by kevingpo
Has anyone tried to install VMWare Workstation from http://www.vmware.com/ ? I downloaded the latest version of Workstation .tar.gz and tried to install it on my Knoppix (hard disk installation) version 3.9. However it complains saying I don't have latest version of gcc or something.
So I thought to update my whole Knoppix, but apt-get update doesn't even work properly. It says it can't resolve/find certain URLs.
You will quite likely have to recompile your kernel to make Vmware work with Knoppix.
Also, you need to be much more specific in your error messages - Cut and paste the actual error messages you are getting.
Originally Posted by kevingpo
I will do, copy and paste the error messages.
Currently I am complete removal of gcc3.3 and above. synaptic is removing all gcc related dependencies... included apt! yikes!
Hope I can install apt later.
Then I will install gcc2.95 and try to compile/build VMWorkstation ... with this Debian/Knoppix unsupport distro ... woes :S

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67
Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White
$18.99