You will quite likely have to recompile your kernel to make Vmware work with Knoppix.
Also, you need to be much more specific in your error messages - Cut and paste the actual error messages you are getting.
Originally Posted by kevingpo
Has anyone tried to install VMWare Workstation from http://www.vmware.com/ ? I downloaded the latest version of Workstation .tar.gz and tried to install it on my Knoppix (hard disk installation) version 3.9. However it complains saying I don't have latest version of gcc or something.
So I thought to update my whole Knoppix, but apt-get update doesn't even work properly. It says it can't resolve/find certain URLs.
You will quite likely have to recompile your kernel to make Vmware work with Knoppix.
Also, you need to be much more specific in your error messages - Cut and paste the actual error messages you are getting.
Originally Posted by kevingpo
I will do, copy and paste the error messages.
Currently I am complete removal of gcc3.3 and above. synaptic is removing all gcc related dependencies... included apt! yikes!
Hope I can install apt later.
Then I will install gcc2.95 and try to compile/build VMWorkstation ... with this Debian/Knoppix unsupport distro ... woes :S

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00