if i installed KNoppix, how do I install the modem?
if i installed KNoppix, how do I install the modem?
I have install knoppix 3.3 on my hard disk
download and make
http://www.medres.ch/%7Ejstifter/pctel/pctel-0.9.7.html
when I try "insmod -f pctel.o "
it told me "unresolved symbols ....."
I am supprise than Knopper did not put good sources in /usr/src/linux ???
any help ? or tip ?
DELL inspiron 8500 NVidia GeForce 4200
i cant download modemdriver and serial drver ( 404 error) please help me
thank tyou
you can download the pctel drivers at this address http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux/
btw thanx bongski55, funkea and stephen.. i am now able to leave m$ windoze and use knoppix full time
![]()
Glad that you are able to do that. I have just come from the Philippines and I have yet to meet somebody there who knows about linux-let alone use linux. I also tried to find any book in the well-known stores there but all I have seen are old ones(like one dealing on Red Hat 5!).Originally Posted by 1ijack
In my assesment,the Philippines is not ready for linux!
bong
there are people around here that use linux mostly as a hobby and there are some who are serious about it like those people in the philippines linux user group. our books here are old are mostly for redhat and mandrake distro.
btw we also have our own linux distro its called "kabayan" but i havent tried it yet.![]()
Kabayan,Originally Posted by 1ijack
IF you know the URL for "kabayn" distro please kindly post it here?
salamat!
hello again bongski55.. sorry i made a mistake bout the name, its not kabayan its bayanihan.you can get it at http://www.bayanihan.gov.ph
Salamat.Originally Posted by 1ijack
I already got BL version 3 installed. It is redhat based not same as knoppix. It would have been great if they based it on knoppix.
There is also another Filipino/Ilocano distro called Lorma which is very similar to Bayanihan.
I both have them on my hd. Good to have Filipino "made" even if I am not familiar with redhat/fedora.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99
B85M-G Motherboard Intel Core i7-4770 CPU LGA1150 mATX 4 DIMM IO Shield
$75.96